- 1 accessBCC
- 2 Office 365
- 3 eLearning
accessBCC is BCC's online portal. To log-in to accessBCC from a PC go to the BCC homepage and click on the accessBCC login located on the left side of the page. To log in to accessBCC from a mobile device scroll to the bottom of the BCC home page and select accessBCC under the Online Portals list. If you have never used accessBCC before, you must create a new accessBCC account.
I forgot my accessBCC username or password
If you are still having difficulty after trying this process, please contact the ITS help desk by calling (508) 678-2811 x2134.
I'm getting a "Failed Login" message
If you see a message that says "username and password pair not found" it means that you are likely typing something incorrectly. Make sure your CAPSLOCK is not enabled. If you cannot remember your password follow the links to obtain your user information.
I'm getting a message that my account has been disabled
If you incorrectly enter in your username and password more than three times the system will temporarily disable your account. It will unlock itself automatically after 10 minutes. If it does not please contact the help desk by calling (508) 678-2811 x2134 or by using the ITS help desk form
I am being timed out of accessBCC as soon as I log in
This can occur if you are using a browser that is not compatible with accessBCC, such as MSN, AOL, or NetZero. In order to use accessBCC and eLearning you must be using a compatible web browser such as Firefox.
I changed my password and I still cannot log into accessBCC
After changing your password you must wait approximately 5 minutes before trying to log in. This will allow sufficient time for the system to process your password change.
Office 365 is where students go to access their BCC email and to use web-based versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
Students access the Office 365 portal through the Email tab inside accessBCC using their BCC email address or by logging in directly at http://office365.bristolcc.edu/. Additionally students can access Office 365 with their PC, Mac, Windows RT, Android or iOS devices through Office 365 for Mobile Applications.
Students also have access to OneDrive, an online file storage and sharing service similar to DropBox and Google Docs.
In addition, all students registered for credit courses will have an active subscription to download and install a desktop version of Office 365 software for no additional cost on up to 5 devices. The Office 365 subscription will be active for as long as you are enrolled in credit courses at the College.
To learn about how to use Office 365:
- Read this PDF file to learn how to access Office 365 at BCC.
- Visit the Tutorials page to learn how to use Office 365.
What is my BCC email address?
Student email addresses follow this format:
BCC Faculty and Staff have a different email addressing system. All BCC employees follow this email format:
email@example.com Example: firstname.lastname@example.org
What do I need to run Office 365?
Although Office 365 runs "in the cloud" you do need a computer with the appropriate system requirements and supported browsers.
Where can I go if I have questions about Office 365?
One of my courses disappeared in eLearning
If a course was displaying in your course list but then "disappeared" one of three things may have happened:
- It’s possible that you have been withdrawn from the class for non-payment. This process usually happens right around the beginning of the semester. If you think this may be why your courses aren't showing up contact the Student Accounts Office.
- Once classes get underway you can be dropped from a course by your instructor if you do not regularly attend class. (And yes, distance learning classes have attendance policies too!) If you have not been active in the course site it is possible that you have been withdrawn from the course. You should contact your instructor if you think this is what happened and have questions or concerns about the process.
- It is possible that a technical glitch has occurred. If your accounts are up-to-date and you have been attending class please contact the eLearning help desk.
I'm having problems getting to my courses
If you're having difficulty getting to your eLearning courses please don't panic! Here are a few things to try before contacting the help desk.
- Are you able to get to the Bristol homepage at http://www.bristolcc.edu?
- If you can get to the college's homepage can you get to accessBCC?
- If you're not having any luck connecting to the college you can try logging in directly to the eLearning server where your course materials reside: https://bristolcc.blackboard.com/
Both servers are hosted off-site and so they should be available even if our local network is experiencing issues.
Please note that occasionally technical troubles do happen. We will do our best to communicate outages to you through announcements on the college's homepage, on the accessBCC log-in page, and via BEE Notified, the college's emergency response system.
In addition, our servers do have regular maintenance windows on Friday mornings between 2-6am so please plan accordingly!!!