- 1 Problems logging on to accessBCC
- 2 Using accessBCC email
- 3 Problems with accessing eLearning courses
Problems logging on to accessBCC
I forgot my username or password
If you are still having difficulty after trying this process, please contact the ITS help desk by calling (508) 678-2811 x2134.
I'm getting a "Failed Login" message
If you see a message that says "username and password pair not found" it means that you are likely typing something incorrectly. Make sure your CAPSLOCK is not enabled. If you cannot remember your password follow the links to obtain your user information.
I'm getting a message that my account has been disabled
If you incorrectly enter in your username and password more than three times the system will temporarily disable your account. It will unlock itself automatically after 10 minutes. If it does not please contact the help desk by calling (508) 678-2811 x2134 or contact the ITS help desk via email.
I am being timed out of accessBCC as soon as I log in
This can occur if you are using a browser that is not compatible with accessBCC, such as MSN, AOL, or NetZero. In order to use accessBCC and eLearningBCC you must be using a compatible web browser such as Internet Explorer or Firefox.
I changed my password and I still cannot log into accessBCC
After changing your password you must wait approximately 5 minutes before trying to log in. This will allow sufficient time for the system to process your password change.
Using accessBCC email
Official communication from the College comes to your accessBCC account. It is important that students regularly check this account and also manage it!
What is my email address?
Student email addresses follow this format:
It's important to remember the "mail" part of the email address. If you don't include this and someone tries to send you main it will be returned to them as undeliverable!
BCC Faculty and Staff have a different email addressing system. All BCC employees follow this email format:
If you are an adjunct faculty member please speak with your Divisional Dean about getting a bristolcc.edu email account.
Can I forward my accessBCC email to another address?
Yes you can! Learn how to Forward your accessBCC email to another address
IMPORTANT: Make sure you type in the forwarding address properly and update your address if you switch email accounts! If you forward your email YOU are responsible for making sure it works properly!!!
All my email messages are blank
If you are having issues viewing mail in accessBCC please use the latest version of FireFox.
I'm not getting any email in my accessBCC account
If you are forwarding your email to another account make sure you typed in the forwarding address properly!!! You may also not be getting email because you've exceeded your mailbox size. Make sure you manage your accessBCC email and delete old or unwanted email messages.
Problems with accessing eLearning courses
I am getting an External Password Request Error
Reset your password from the “I forgot my username and password” link from the AccessBCC log-in page. Once you do this your password will get passed from accessBCC to eLearning and you’ll be able to log-in. If you are still having difficulty once you do this please contact the ITS help desk at 508-678-2811 x2134.
One of my courses disappeared
If a course was displaying in your course list but then "disappeared" one of three things may have happened:
- It’s possible that you have been withdrawn from the class for non-payment. This process usually happens right around the beginning of the semester. If you think this may be why your courses aren't showing up contact the Student Accounts Office.
- Once classes get underway you can be dropped from a course by your instructor if you do not regularly attend class. (And yes, distance learning classes have attendance policies too!) If you have not been active in the course site it is possible that you have been withdrawn from the course. You should contact your instructor if you think this is what happened and have questions or concerns about the process.
- It is possible that a technical glitch has occurred. If your accounts are up-to-date and you have been attending class please contact the eLearning help desk.
I'm having problems getting to my courses
If you're having difficulty getting to your eLearning courses please don't panic! Here are a few things to try before contacting the help desk.
1. Are you able to get to the Bristol homepage at http://www.bristolcc.edu?
2. If you can get to the college's homepage can you get to accessBCC?
3. If you're not having any luck connecting to the college you can try logging in directly to the eLearning server: http://bristolcc.angellearning.com. The server is hosted off-site and so it should be available even if our local network is experiencing issues.
Please note that occasionally technical troubles do happen. We will do our best to communicate outages to you through announcements on the college's homepage, on the accessBCC log-in page, and via BEE Notified, the college's emergency response system.